Another beautiful day in Kanger

I am still in Kanger, but the flight to Summit that I was originally scheduled to be on left in the morning, so my drilling team friends were whisked away. This gave me a chance to work on some things for my other job that needed to be done before I went to a place with a terrible internet connection.

A flight came back from Summit and I have a new roommate, Spencer, a carpenter who has finished his first deployment on Summit. He has been wonderful, not only to talk with, but also to help alleviate some of my anxiety of going up to the ice next week. He came down with some other Summit staff because they are making room for some VIPs to visit Summit, and a big high school trip is going up tomorrow.

To escape work for a little while, I wandered into town to see what the store had to offer, and then went out to see the Greenlandic Sled Dogs. I was warned that they were very cute, but that I shouldn't touch them. They are working dogs after all (as one person described it, they were never hugged as puppies).

A calm day, meeting new people, ending with playing cards with the new people and drinking beer.

It has been warm. Today we are looking at 15 C.

A plane ready for take-off at the airport


Downtown Kanger

The local store




A plane coming in to land

Greenlandic Sled Dogs

Apparently they let the puppies roam free until they are 6 months old, then they get chained away from each other
















Comments

Popular Posts